September 6, 2022
How to apply:
Please visit https://www.godmanguild.org/employment to apply.
Godman Guild Association is a non-profit organization founded in 1898 with a focus on helping to build better neighborhoods – one person, one family at a time. Godman Guild’s programs are for all ages and are built to provide a continuum of success and support, making it possible for participants to achieve their academic and career goals.
We are currently hiring an ACES Student Education Specialist to provide in-school and after school educational tutoring and support. The primary responsibility is to lead, monitor and motivate a group of elementary students for in and after-school activities which help them succeed academically, socially and developmentally.
In addition to in-school-programs during the academic year, this position also acts as summer camp staff for our well-recognized Summer Youth Empowerment program at Camp Mary Orton. These programs provide an outstanding year-round opportunity for those interested in youth development, academics, and intervention, particularly with youth who may have a variety of barriers. Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing in-school tutoring and support, particularly in the areas of math and/or reading
- Planning, implementing and monitoring age-appropriate daily program activities, including field trips and special events;
- Aligning daily after school program curriculum to meet the needs of youth as identified through daily interaction, research and collaboration with teachers
- Provides direct and indirect social group services as required by the program by facilitating group discussions which are informative, encourage participation of each youth in the group
- Help stimulate interest and learning, promote high self-esteem, develop good social skills, and encourage positive communication and academic success
- Promote trauma responsiveness, social and emotional learning, and expanded horizons to lower SES youth.
Some evening, weekend and non-traditional working hours required. Normal working hours for this position are 10am-6pm M-F during the normal academic year and 8am-4pm during the summer. Some work may be done remotely, but a majority is in person.
A Bachelors degree in education, social work or related field and prior tutoring experience is preferred, but will consider candidates with some college. Requires experience with diverse youth, families and communities. Must be able to pass a criminal background check per state requirements and proof of vaccination.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, travel with youth on field trips, and maintain composure and patience when dealing with others.