Below are employment listings for United Way of Central Ohio
and partner nonprofit community organizations.
Development & Events Specialist
July 31, 2018
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to:
· Assists the AVP of Development and Events with donor prospect research and lists.
· Assists the AVP of Development and Events with donor cultivation efforts and stewardship processes.
· Works alongside the Program department to help current and alumni mentors understand the role of fundraising in advancing our agency’s mission.
· Assists the AVP of Community Outreach and Volunteer Recruitment with School-Based Mentoring recruitment in conjunction with Bowl for Kids’ Sake recruitment.
· Works alongside Development team to promote goals and initiatives in conjunction with the Strategic Plan.
· Take a lead role in managing all fundraising events, including Bowl for Kids’ Sake (March), A Taste of Class for Kids (April), and Golf for Girls’ Sake (September), including establishing event timelines, oversight of event logistics, and reviewing and upgrading sponsor benefits as needed
- Create and prepare printed materials for event sponsors and attendees including invitations, sponsor packets, brochures, programs, etc.
· Lead Big Brothers Big Sisters staff efforts in Bowl for Kids’ Sake fundraising.
· Attend and present at Bowl for Kids’ Sake recruitment and kick-off events at partner companies.
· Send weekly communications to Bowl for Kids’ Sake company coordinators and answer questions from company coordinators and bowlers.
· Manage process to secure and organize A Taste of Class for Kids auction items, including mailed requests, follow-up, and packaging items for event night.
· Manages use of the auction online bidding system.
- Event meetings
Ø Prepare agenda materials in advance and distribute to appropriate attendees.
Ø Arrange meeting facilities.
Ø Act as recording secretary; prepare action minutes.
Ø Arrange for any beverages or food when appropriate.
- Coordinate and assist with details of spring “Magic of Camp” fundraising events—issue invitations, organize planning meetings, communicate, track efforts, and organize ongoing stewardship for those donors.
- Provide the AVP of Development and Events with assistance in the coordination and preparation of committee meetings, mailings, organization of event supplies, tracking of donations and event participants.
- Responsible for recruiting volunteers and volunteer management for the day of all major events.
- Responsible for volunteer stewardship.
- Responsible for providing assistance and volunteer management with all additional third-party fundraising events (e.g., Dublin Charity Cup, Columbus Blue Jackets raffle, etc.).
- Responsible for the pick-up and delivery of prizes, auction items, etc. (as necessary)
- Assist as necessary (mail invites, coordinate guest list, prepare registration materials and invoicing) with the Annual Meeting luncheon (November).
- Manage Development intern(s).
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Assist with twice yearly direct mail campaigns.
- Work together with Development & Database Coordinator for conducting and organizing the annual Holiday Card Contest.
- Manage fundraising event social media pages, including responding quickly, concisely and accurately to comments and questions.
- Provide additional assistance to the AVP of Marketing/Public Relations with social media/agency promotion as requested.
- Build relationships with local businesses and restaurants to develop Cause Marketing and fundraising opportunities.
- Operate a computer terminal to enter data, maintain records and generate reports.
- Prepare reimbursement and check requests and submit to accounting.
- Collect credit card payments for pledges.
- Back-up for Development & Database Coordinator—When the Development and Database Coordinator is absent, receive checks, code and enter donations, generate letters and print Daily Gift Report. (The Fundraising & Events Manager and Development & Database Coordinator will not be permitted overlapping vacation time.)
- During Bowl for Kids’ Sake, assist with data entry into Salesforce and Raiser’s Edge as needed.