We engage in public policy advocacy because it’s our civic duty to use our experience and knowledge to help influence policy and funding decisions that impact community needs.
Find and contact your Franklin County elected officials to convey your support or opposition for an issue. Elected officials care about your ideas and concerns.
Effective change requires increased awareness.
You can help increase awareness by making your voice heard. With our focus on community impact, United Way of Central Ohio advances local, county, state and federal policies that address community needs and generate lasting community change. You can Live United by becoming an advocate for an Education, Income, Health or Home issue that matters to you.
You can advocate and make meaningful impact in our community by:
- Learning more about United Way’s public policy priorities
- Being informed about local issues and the pressing needs in our community
- Telling friends and family about United Way’s work
- Contacting your elected officials about an Education, Income, Health or Home issue
- Increasing awareness about a cause through social media
Whether you choose to contact your elected officials, talk to friends or simply wear a Live United t-shirt, being vocal is a big part of being involved and being an advocate for change in our community. Together, we can improve lives and strengthen our community.