We’re all experiencing sticker shock these days when we go to buy groceries and household items. For thousands of families, though, inflation means making tough choices as they struggle to pay the rent and feed their children. Providing school supplies will be difficult or impossible for these families. Together, we can make certain no child will start school in August without the essential supplies they need to learn.
Join United Way and NBC4 to Stuff the Backpack for 70,000 students in Franklin and Licking counties! Now in its fifth year, the program has provided nearly 165,000 students in kindergarten through 12th grade with basic school supplies since its inception.
This year, we’re excited to have Josh Williams of the Columbus Crew join us to help collect donations and supplies for Stuff the Backpack through August! Make certain to follow him on social media to learn more about Crew giveaways you can win just by donating to help students succeed.
We have a variety of easy ways you, your friends and family members can help:
- Buy school supplies and drop them off at a CME Federal Credit Union branch or Primary One Healthcare location.
- Buy supplies from our Amazon Wishlist and they will be sent directly to United Way.
- Host a donation drive in your workplace or home!
- Give $10 through our partnership with Parichute and Crew member Josh Williams to cover the cost of a backpack and supplies for one child. (Just $30 for three local students!)
- Create personalized notes to include in the backpack and mail them to United Way of Central Ohio.
Requested supplies include: scissors (shar and blunt), crayons, erasers, glue sticks, pencils, pocket folders, wide ruled paper, highlighters, colored pencils, pens and spiral notebooks.
We are deeply committed to helping central Ohio’s children succeed, but we can’t do it without your help! Thank you for helping us make sure every child, from our very youngest learners to our high school students, has what they need to reach their fullest potential.