You may qualify to have your taxes prepared for free if you earned $56,000 or less in 2019. Starting January 21, call 2-1-1 to find out if you qualify and make an appointment at one of the more than 40 Tax Time sites in Franklin County. You’ll save on fees and Tax Time preparers can help you find valuable tax credits including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). You may qualify for a refund even if you don’t think you owe taxes.
If you you would prefer to prepare your own taxes online for free, visit myfreetaxes.com.
What to bring to your appointment at a Tax Time site…
- Photo ID for you and your spouse
- Social Security cards or ITIN letters for everyone, including you, your spouse and any dependents on your tax return
Other documents to bring:
- W-2s for all jobs you, your spouse or any dependents worked in 2019
- All 1095, 1098 and 1099 forms you received for 2019
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- The account and routing number of your bank account for direct deposit of your refund
- Your childcare provider’s name, address and tax identification number
- Education expenses including bills and receipts for college tuition, fees and books
- Other tax documents such as: interest statements, education loan documents, retirement statements, charitable donation information, business expenses, etc.
We are unable to prepare the following types of tax returns:
- Tax returns for non-U.S. residents (IRS Form 1040-NR).
- Tax returns with self-employment or business income for individuals who have employees, inventory, more than $25,000 in business expenses or expenses greater than earnings.
- Tax returns with cancellation of debt (IRS Form 1099-C) for items other than credit card debt or foreclosure of your home.
Call 2-1-1 starting January 21 for more information.