Twenty years ago, African American leaders recognized the need to engage and empower professionals and business owners.
Since its inception, Key Club members have contributed nearly $20 Million in support of dozens of United Way of Central Ohio funded partners and hundreds of health and human service programs. In its short but dynamic history, Key Club has successfully:
- Raised awareness regarding philanthropic giving within the AA community
- Increased the amount of dollars invested in United Way programs in the African American community
- Built strong and lasting collaborations between African American leaders, volunteers and businesses
Join us. United, we can make a difference.
All African American households that invest $1,000 or more in United Way of Central Ohio may be recognized as Key Club members. Spouses and partners may combine their respective gifts to become members.
Key Club members can also join Key Club Premier by giving $2500 or more.
Become a Key Club Premier member immediately and enjoy exclusive events while increasing your gift over time to make a greater impact on our community:
- 1st Year – $ 1,500.00
- 2nd Year – $ 2,000.00
- 3rd Year – $ 2,500.00
Key Club offers a variety of professional and social events throughout the year, including:
- Member networking events
- Professional development opportunities
- Educational forums
- Community service projects
Key Club has no attendance requirements; you may select the activities most important to you.
Key Club members receive special recognition throughout the year and have opportunities to:
- Interact with central Ohio’s most influential leaders
- Meet like-minded African Americans
- Work to promote balance and inclusion
Key Club members may also join other United Way giving groups, including:
- Young Leadership Group(investment of $2,500 and and aged 45 or younger)
- Cinquefoil Fellowship (investment of $5,000 or more)
- Alexis de Tocqueville Society (investment of $10,000 or more)
- 1885 Society (make a planned gift)
If you would like more information or to get involved with Key Club – contact Michael Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.227.2764.
Key Club Steering Committee
Ralph Smithers, Chair
Rhonda Talford Knight, PhD, Co-Chair
Dr. Mark Lomax, II