June 3, 2022
How to apply:
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title the email subject line: “ResourceCoordinator_ FirstLastName.” CELC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and Inclusiveness in our workforce.
CELC is an equal opportunity employer. All full-time staff receive paid benefits including vacation time and health insurance. Our wages are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Columbus Early Learning Centers (CELC) is the oldest early education and care provider in the Midwest. Located in Columbus, Ohio, CELC is a growing nonprofit whose mission is to help young learners develop, families succeed and neighborhoods thrive. We have been passionately committed to supporting Columbus’ children and families since 1887.
The Volunteer and Resource Coordinator reports to the organization's Development Director and is one of CELC’s key points of contact with the public. Job duties include managing a robust volunteer program and in-kind donation program, communicating with stakeholders, and designing and implementing a strategy for community outreach.
The ideal candidate is someone who is dedicated to CELC’s goals and values and can effectively communicate the organization’s mission and provide frequent updates and other communication to prospects and other stakeholders. Their personable nature is crucial to motivating, inspiring, and retaining volunteers and donors.
The Volunteer & Resource Coordinator has the following responsibilities:
- Volunteer Program Management
- In-kind Donation Program Management
- Maintaining clear and timely communication with all involved parties
- Create and use plans and calendars to effectively manage volunteers and donors of in-kind resources
● Highly relatable and comfortable presenting to and leading teams (including strangers)
● Consistently detailed-oriented and prompt
● Natural desire to connect people and evidence of successful partnership development
● Ability to meet deadlines and balance several projects simultaneously under minimal supervision - calm under pressure and service-oriented
● Ability to positively represent and share the vision of CELC, including its mission statement and core values, to all outside constituencies
● Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with diverse people
● Desire and ability to gain new knowledge and skills to meet evolving job requirements
● Excellent follow-through and follow-up
● Proficiency with MS Office Suite, web content management systems and virtual meeting tools
● Spanish language proficiency is very desirable
● Valid Ohio Driver’s License and own mode of transportation
● Ability and willingness to be in multiple locations within a single work day Including occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends
● Must pass background check
● Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Salary – based on experience and qualifications.
Benefits - Health benefits, 401k plan, and paid sick leave, vacation and holidays.