September 9, 2022
How to apply:
Please apply by visiting the job post, create a profile, and apply!
The Program Coordinator provides operations leadership and support to the Program Director in thearea that they have been hired on to assist with. Building upon a strong and successful foundation,the Program Coordinator will work with the Director to collaborate on assigned projects and programs.
Organizes, promotes and leads assigned programs within their location and possibly in other areas of the community.
Works closely with leadership to ensure that assigned programs are developed and delivered to meet the goals of the program.
Assists with continuous improvement efforts focused upon established key Association benchmarks and budget.
Works closely with their supervisor to ensure that assigned programs have access to the necessary space and/or resources to meet the needs and goals of YMCA programs.
Actively participate in staff meetings, development opportunities, community activities, and organization events.
Assists in the recruitment, hiring, training of leaders; develops, schedules and directs personnel, as needed. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
Assists in maintaining budget through purchasing of equipment and supplies.
Collaborates with leadership and management teams to ensure the safe and responsible
operation of programs.
Assists with philanthropic endeavors of their program/location, as necessary and led by their Executive or Program Director.
1. Minimum age of 21 years old.
2. High school diploma and/or at least 2 years of related experience and/or training. Bachelors degree preferred.
3. Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
4. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
5. Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification must be obtained within the first 60 days
6. Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
7. Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging situations.
8. Highly self-motivated with demonstrated success in program development, project management, and coordinating volunteers.
9. Strong communication skills (written and verbal) competencies needed, including the ability to
speak in public, interact with and motivate volunteers, community leaders and staff, and write content for program materials.
10. Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain detailed, accurate records.
11. An ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment and engage equally in administrative and outreach duties.