September 25, 2022
How to apply:
Please visit https://www.godmanguild.org/employment to apply.
We are currently seeking an Employment Services Director to provide leadership, management, planning, support, and coordination to the Employment Programs Department that results in measurable impacts on work readiness skills, participant barrier reduction toward ability to work, work experiences (paid or unpaid), job placement, and job retention rates.
II. Essential Responsibilities
- Develop, direct, and provide oversight to the following workforce program areas and components for the agency:
- Pathways to Work Career Bridges
- Individual Employment Services, including Adult Education students who are designated as “not employed but looking”
- Job coaching services
- Barrier Reduction services within Social Work for Employment Programs participants
- R2E Summer Youth Employment Programs, in partnership with the YFE Department
Provide leadership, planning and coordination for Employment Programs:
- Develop annual budget, programming plan, and goals that clearly measure and articulate impact, meet outcome requirements for funders, and further the agency strategic plan.
- Evaluate programming and adjust for quality, content, efficiency and impact on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate with Finance Department to ensure accurate and timely submission of invoices, reports and other compliance documents.
- Maintain awareness and control of spending practices and remain within budget.
- Maintain ongoing communication and reporting with the Chief Program Officer about opportunities, challenges, and practices.
- Coordinate with the Grants and Data Manager to maintain database and analyze reporting and impact data.
- Coordinate with the Grants and Data Manager, Philanthropy, and Finance Departments to apply for and manage grants, fees for service contracts, and other funding for Area programming.
- Coordinate with the Adult Education Director and other staff members to develop recruitment materials, strategies, and goals.
- Coordinate with other departments for special events such as Program Commencement.
- Utilize best practices and make informed decisions based on all available data.
Oversee and manage funder, employer, and partner relationships:
- Build and sustain formal, collaborative, and mutually beneficial relationships with funding agencies including, but not limited to, United Way, City of Columbus, Franklin County Department of Job and Family Services, and corporate foundations supporting Employment Programs.
- Cultivates, maintains, and grows mutually beneficial relationships with current and future employer sites for the PTW, TJ, KEYS, and CB programs. Must be able to effectively determine the needs of employers and “sell” Guild workforce development programs to fill those needs.
- Develop and manage Memorandums of Understanding with partner agencies and employers including PTW TJ, KEYS, and CB locations.
- Participate regularly in partner coordination efforts such as South Side Thrive and Community Properties of Ohio in the execution of Employment Programs.
- Encourage partnerships with other education and workforce providers.
- Manage the Employment Programs Team
- Coordinate with HR and participate in the hiring, orientation, training, and evaluation of employees.
- Build and lead the team; conduct team meetings and communicate with direct report(s). Document supervision sessions. Ensure that proper communication channels are followed.
- Provide staff with leadership, direction, feedback, resources, and training regarding individual job performance while enhancing respect, teamwork, and collaboration within the workgroup.
- Ensure that staff members complete professional development activities in accordance with funder requirements.
III. Other Responsibilities
- Participate as an active member of the Leadership Team.
- Perform direct service as needed.
- Chair or serve on Agency and community committees.
- Participate in professional development and training activities as required/necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in a Related Field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in management/supervisory position preferred.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification (Godman Guild will provide training/ certification class).
- Experience with programs related to workforce development and employment skills
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft and Excel software, databases, and is adaptable to technology.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Self-determined schedule
This position is currently hybrid with some work in various locations within Columbus OH.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Columbus, OH 43215: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Workforce development: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location