November 14, 2022
How to apply:
To apply, please visit YMCAColumbus.org/employment to apply.
Ensures successful operation of assigned district of YMCA’s, including membership, program development, volunteer recruitment, staff supervision, community relations, collaborations, budgeting and financial results.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
2. Support entire district operations including supervising, hiring and reviewing Executive Directors. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions with staff, volunteers, members, and the community.
3. Supports assigned local branch operations including supervising, hiring and reviewing Associate Executive Directors professional development opportunities while fostering an environment where YMCA leaders can grow and thrive.
4. Provides leadership alongside other District Vice President’s to lead regular operations meetings, envision the future of YMCA branch development and collaborate in order to meet overall fundraising goals.
5. Evaluates and creates action plans in response to monthly financial reports to assure that revenue targets are met and expenses are controlled.
6. Responsible for growing and developing cause driven leaders through a culture of accountability while meeting coaching and professional development plans for all district employees.
7. Assists Executive Director’s with their budget process, annual operational goals and strategic plan implementation.
8. Collaborates with and effectively communicates to YMCA leadership on the status of assigned district and programs on a regular basis while working towards continuous improvement and location efficiencies.
9. Builds, promotes and supports strategies within the district to grow impact through philanthropy (including Annual campaign), membership development and key programs.
10. Guides and supports ED's within respective district for on-going board development with volunteers in the community.
11. Promotes effective community development within own YMCA community and helps guide and support other district ED's on their community development efforts.
12. Provides staff with ongoing supervision and training related to abuse risk.
13. Provides staff with regular feedback regarding their boundaries with youth.
14. Requires staff to adhere to policies and procedures related to abuse risk.
15. Responds quickly to policy and procedure violations using the organization’s progressive disciplinary procedures.
16.Responds seriously and confidently to reports of suspicious and inappropriate behaviors.
17. Follows mandated reporting requirements.
18. Communicates to all staff the organization’s commitment to protecting their youth from abuse.
19. Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and viewpoints from all social and economic segments of the organization and community. A commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism is expected from our staff.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises assigned Executive Directors; assigned department directors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the association's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; developing, coaching, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
● Bachelor degree in human services, business or social services or equivalent.
● YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred; if not certified, should obtain certification within 2 years.
● Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
● Eight or more years of professional experience in the YMCA or another nonprofit preferred.
● Understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and the respective roles of volunteers and staff.
● Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and viewpoints from all social and economic segments of the organization and community. A commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism is expected from our staff.
● Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
● Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging situations.