- YWCA ColumbusMission:
YWCA Columbus is committed to eliminating racism and empowering women through programs and advocacy; provides 24-hour services and emergency shelter for homeless families in Franklin County, permanent, supportive housing for homeless women and housing for low-income women; child-care for preschoolaged children, school-based child care, youth social development programs, summer camps; racial justice education and training.Programs and Services:
For more than 125 years, YWCA Columbus has made incredible strides at fulfilling our mission through programs that meet community needs, such:
• YWCA Family Center, an award-winning shelter that provides emergency services for homeless families and connects them with resources to find permanent housing, often within three weeks of entering the shelter;
• Women’s Residence Program, a supportive housing program in our downtown Griswold building for women who are formerly homeless, struggling with mental illness, substance abuse, and/or earning low-income wages;
• Supportive services including Race in the Workplace seminars to help those in the workplace understand race issues, and our award-winning Race Against Racism curriculum.
• YWCA Kids Place, school-aged child care is offered at 20 schools at 17 locations.
• Fitness Center and facility rentals at our historic downtown location.
• Leadership programs that include Bright Futures: a mentoring program for high school juniors, Chase/Gen Y Leadership Project providing leadership development for women in their 20s/30s, and our Leadership Luncheon series on topics that are timely and inspirational.
- YWCA COLUMBUS
65 S. Fourth Street (43215)
YWCA Family Center and the
YWCA Child Care at the Family Center
900 Harvey Court (43219)
YWCA Before and After School Child Care
Columbus 614.224.9121 x 1233
Gahanna & New Albany 614.224.9121 x 1211
Westerville 614.224.9121 x 1271
Women’s Residence at the Griswold
WINGS Program - 65 S. Fourth Street (43215)
614.224.9121 x 1275
614.224.9121 x 1226
Leadership development for high school juniors
Racial Justice Dialogues
614.224.9121 x 1275
- UWCO Designation Code:
- Employment Listings: